Monday, July 28, 2014

Dreams Really Do Come True

In less than 48 hours, we will be on our way to our children.  The bags are packed and rooms are ready. It is time.  No more kissing pictures and crying from a mother's lonely heart.  All of the imagining is coming to an end.  Imagining them at the dinner table, imagining rocking them in my chair.  Imagining them running up and down the stairs with squeals and laughter.  No more imagining.  No more wondering.  No more wondering if Gracie is safe, no more wondering if she went to bed hungry, no more wondering if she was hugged and cuddled today. No more wondering if they will grow to love us as much as we already love them.  No more wondering.

From the time I was a little girl I always wanted a big family.  I have a fierce love for my homegrown kids because they are both walking, talking miracles.  Many years of my heart was spent in a dark place of infertility and loss.  We have four babies waiting in heaven whose faces I long to see.  During this dark time, a dear friend prayed for me.  I will never forget her words as she put her hands on each of my cheeks and looked me in the eyes.  She said, "Melissa, the Lord will fill your quiver with arrows and your children will be mighty men and women for God."  This was 15 years ago.

Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. 5How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them...Psalm 127:4,5

That was my dream, but it seemed God had forgotten my dream and I had given up.  Like Joseph in the prison, it seemed my destiny had been declared.  But God had other plans, He had not forgotten His promise made through my precious friend, He knew the desire of my heart and he is the promise keeper.  A friend was doing and adoption t-shirt fundraiser and her shirt said, "Raising Arrows Psalm 129:5.  The Lord reminded me of His promise that He had made to me so many years past.  Thank you Lord that you never break your promises.

God has provided everything to make my dream come true.  We have paid more money than has ever been in our bank account at one time.  My precious husband hates traveling.  He promised me years ago that he would never fly anywhere in his lifetime.  He hates crowds,  he struggles with change, he likes routine and order.  Yet, when he saw a picture of Gracie, God melted his heart.  He is the one who requested a brother for Gracie.  His suitcase is packed, his job is on hold for three weeks, his saving account is empty and his airplane ticket is purchased.  God can do amazing things with a wiling heart.  My husband is glowing with excitement and anticipation. Our dreams are coming true! 

I promise to update here often and post lots of pictures.  We appreciate your continued prayers for safe travel. Please be in prayer for Ollie's and Gracie's little hearts.  They are leaving the only family they know and we are praying they will have peace and know they are safe.  Please pray for Gracie because we don't know if she has been prepared for this transition.  She has not ever been around Americans or white people in general.  She hasn't heard the language,  been to a restaurant, walked on the streets, she has only seen the play yard of the orphanage.  

Thank you to each and everyone who has stood along side us during this journey.  You have done the Lord's work and He is pleased with you!  May you reap the blessings that you have sewn into our family.  The next post will be from beautiful Beijing!

No comments:

Post a Comment